Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

2X4 Outdoor Bench

My bench got a coat of white paint: here it is with the table I designed. Search outdoor table for the build plan! 


 
 
 Here is a new picture of my bench - 2 years later! :)
 
 


Lots of angle cuts! Happy Building!


*Build Plans from Ana White


Don't forget to fill in the screws on seat with stainable wood filler.




Final Touch
   After lots of sanding, I used Sunbleached & waited until it dried. Then I layered on Kona, in random spots very thick & then light. I wanted my bench to have a weathered look. Finally I used Rust-oleum's Spar Varnish in Satin, because this will be out in the elements. If you are planning on using your bench inside you can just use poly.


Click HERE  to see my Brag on Ana White's website!


3 comments:

  1. This looks like a very sturdy and easy to build bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM IN LOVE! GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need some outdoor seating for an upcoming party, but can I really pull off making this awesome bench? I guess we shall see.

    ReplyDelete