Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Triple Truss Coffee Table with Casters!

You too can turn this...

Into this:

For the plans on how to make this huge coffee table go to Ana White's site!
 I used my Kreg Jig to build this guy!


For the slats on the bottom measure from the end point of the 2x4 not the part where it is connected. I also drew little stars so I wouldn't get confused:


I would recommend sanding, staining & putting the poly on the base before attaching the top planks. There are a lot of angles that would be more difficult to get to if you wait until it is completely built.


For my casters: I chose these industrial beauties! They will rust though, so I would not use these if you are making this table for outside! My regular wood screws weren't wide enough for the casters holes, so I used my 1 1/4" PH screws to attach them to the bottom.


To see my brag on Ana's site click here!
Here are some more pictures! My stain color of choice: Dark Walnut. I added some industrial corner brackets to the top 4 corners as well! They match my wheels!






























Thanks for stopping by!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment