Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

DIY Wood Kids Art frames

Do you want a better & more chic way to display your children's art rather than taped to the fridge?
Do you like the idea of being able to easily rotate their art without having to take down a picture frame from the wall each time? 
Then this project is for you! These adorable frames are a super easy built from1x4's.  I found the little wood letters & metal clips at Hobby Lobby! I wanted it to frame an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper, so you will need to measure the horizontal piece at 8 1/2" & then measure for the vertical pieces to fit. I used my Kreg Jig to put it together- 5/8 pocket holes with 1" screws. I painted my letters white. And I was incredibly lucky to find this board that looked like it was already stained & weathered! For the one extra piece I used Minwax Weathered Oak stain & I think it looks pretty similar. To attach the letters & metal clips I used an interior construction adhesive. To hand on the wall I screwed in some D-ring hangers, they can be found at home improvement stores too! Hang up your kids masterpieces & enjoy! 
Here my little helper is watching me put the hangers on the back! :)

Happy building! 

No comments:

Post a Comment