Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

$35 DIY Outdoor dining table


I designed this table myself! I wanted a simple, modern & cheap table! This is a super easy build! 
Shopping list 
5- 2x4s @8ft
6- 1x6s @6ft

Cut list
2- 2x4 @ 64" aprons (save the leftover pieces from these cuts & they are the perfect length for the under table supports!) 
2- 2x4 @ 32" Side aprons
4- 2x4 @ 30" Legs

Measure the 1x6 table top boards at the end & cut accordingly. Attach the 32" aprons to the legs first. I used 1 1/2 pocket holes & 2 1/2" ph screws! Then attach long side aprons. Use 2 left over pieces from 64" cuts as supports, mine fit perfectly! See picture below! Then counter sink 2" screws for the top board. Since this an outdoor table the 1x6 boards have small gaps to allow for rain drainage. Sand, stain & varnish & your done! :) 


Here's the top with screws: 




My favorite way to apply stain: I like to wear a rubber glove & cut up a small piece of an old t-shirt, rub the stain into the wood & it will take less time to dry. Then go back & apply a second coat of you want a darker color! I used Early American stain here:


Here's some more pics of it! Dinner al fresco anyone?!? ;) 



Search bench on my blog for how to build those! 





No comments:

Post a Comment